This week we talked about the Penguin 4.0 update and what it means to your SEO efforts. The penguin algorithm on Google focuses on backlinks. The last update was in December of 2014, almost 2 years ago. That means if you were penalized 2 years ago you were only able to remove those penalties with this update.
Penguin 4.0 will become part of the Google Algorithm and will not longer be a separate entity. That means it will now be updated more consistently with the rest of the Google algorithm.
Things to keep in mind:
- Penguin is now part of Google’s core algorithm
- Penalties AND recoveries are now almost instant
- Links from PBNs, Gret Hat Links, and Aggressive Link Building will be hit the hardest.
- This is an ongoing, real-time update
- Stay on top of backlinks and disavow low-quality backlinks immediately
If your business is interested in featuring your site on the SEO Tear Down then contact us and we will schedule you.